- Monday 31 January 2022, 9am
Scheme opens in SmartyGrants
- Monday 14 March 2022, 3pm AEST
- End of May 2022
Outcomes delayed one month until end of May 2022
Edward Clarence Evelyn Dyason was a notable Melbourne humanist, philanthropist and engineer who, in 1947, bequeathed half of his residuary estate to the University of Melbourne for the advancement of education. The "Dyason Fellowships" were established to further this vision by assisting University staff to undertake or host a short-term international visit that fosters significant and lasting research collaborations with leading international researchers and their academic networks.
Fellowships are awarded across all disciplines as well as for interdisciplinary proposals. Preference is given to applications from Early Career Researchers and, each round, one-third of all awards are allocated to support high quality projects from the Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences. Fellowships are not intended to support conference attendance.
- Applicants must hold an appointment at the University of Melbourne at Academic Level A (6) or higher and 0.5 FTE or higher at the time of application and for the duration of the award.
- Honorary and adjunct academic staff are not eligible to apply.
- Previous recipients may not reapply to the scheme for a period of two years after the round in which the initial fellowship was awarded.
How to apply
Review the Dyason Fellowship guidelines
Regarding contingency plans for the budget, our recommendation is to keep in line with the eligible expenses that are approved and listed in the guidelines. If these plans are affected by COVID-19 travel restrictions in 2022, our team can assist with any necessary post-award variations.
Complete and submit the application form on SmartyGrants
Please note that you will also need to attach a PDF letter of support from your proposed Partner Organisation to your application. There is no prescribed format for the letter, however at a minimum, the letter should detail any overlap in research areas and expected benefits of the proposed travel.
Submit the application in Themis for HoD approval
Submit the completed application PDF (SmartyGrants will send you a generated PDF copy) via the Themis submissions workbench for Head of Department approval.
- Application Form
- 2022 Dyason Fellowship Guidelines
- List of Awards 2012-2019
- How to Create a Themis Submission Record
- Lanny Sandler