The CoVA Small Grants Scheme is designed to foster and embed emerging research in the visual arts at the University of Melbourne, promoting:
- Research excellence in the visual arts through support of activities and outputs from CoVA Fellows;
- Cross-disciplinary collaboration between the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music, the Faculty of Arts and the wider University;
- Strategic partnerships between the University and external bodies, with an emphasis on the arts and cultural sector;
- Non-Traditional Research Outputs (NTROs) that reflect the individual and institutional strengths of both the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music and the Faculty of Arts at the University of Melbourne.
The CoVA Small Grants Scheme is open to CoVA Fellows. External researchers, bodies and institutions may only submit applications when collaborating on an application with at least one current CoVA Fellow.
CoVA Small Grants funding will be awarded annually with outcomes of these applications decided by the CoVA Advisory Board, with reference being made to the proposed project details, timeline and budget – as well as the suitability of the project alongside the broader research priorities of the Centre of Visual Art – in assessing the applications.
CoVA Research Program Leaders
- Postnational Art Histories
- Art Across the Archipelago
- Communicative Cities
- Feminism & Intersectionality
Recent Grant Projects
Black Palestinian Solidarity - Conference 2019
19 + 20 NOVEMBER 2019: Unlocking Creativity
Hacking the Anthropocene IV
Gatekeeping & Ethics in a Globalised Artworld: Conference August 2019
15 AUGUST: The Cantrills Collection at the University of Melbourne
3 MARCH Public Displays of Affection: How Can Artists Rebrand Soft Power