2020 sees the second International Visualise Your Thesis Competition, where the winners of local competitions – organized by national and international universities – will compete against each other in an online International Competition final.
We invite universities to register to participate by running a local Visualise Your Thesis competition using our guidelines and competition kit. Each participating institution will provide a finalist for the online 2020 International Visualise Your Thesis Competition. The competition is for currently-enrolled PhD, MPhil and professional Doctorate (Research) candidates.
Registering institutions are asked to agree to the Competition Terms and Conditions and to read our privacy statement.
Prizes for the 2020 VYT International Competition:
- First prize: AUD $5,000
- Second prize: AUD $2,000
- Third prize: AUD $1,000
2020 Participating Institutions
- ARC Centre of Excellence for Australian Biodiversity and Heritage (CABAH)
- Australian National University (ANU)
- Central Queensland University (CQU)
- Charles Darwin University (CDU)
- Coventry University (United Kingdom)
- Curtin University
- Deakin University
- Flinders University
- La Trobe University
- Massey University
- Monash University
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
- Southern Cross University
- Southern University of Science and Technology (China)
- Stellenbosch University
- The University of Adelaide
- The University of Canterbury (New Zealand)
- The University of Hong Kong
- University of Johannesburg
- The University of Melbourne
- The University of New South Wales, Sydney
- The University of Sydney
- The University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Victoria University (Melbourne, Australia)
- Western Sydney University
- January - August 2020
Visualise Your Thesis heats held at individual universities worldwide. Winners of local Visualise Your Thesis heats entered into the International Visualise Your Thesis Competition (online).
- September - October 2020
Inaugural International Visualise Your Thesis Competition (online) with a prize announcement at a research event (venue and date TBC).
Australasian Open Access Strategy Group (AOASG) and Professor at Queensland University of Technology
Author and Illustrator
Recipient of over thirty Australian and international publishing awards, and with global sales exceeding six million copies, he has established himself as one of Australia's pre-eminent creators of imaginative works for children.
The International Visualise Your Thesis competition showcase is powered by figshare.
Sponsorship enquiries are welcome at any time. Businesses interested in finding out more about sponsorship opportunities associated with the competition should email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and a sponsorship prospectus.