The Melbourne Collaborative Research Infrastructure Committee is currently only considering applications for MCRIP Stage Two funding from platforms that were funded in Stage One. For dates, please contact email@example.com.
Within the research infrastructure landscape of the University of Melbourne, Collaborative Research Infrastructure represents those with sufficient critical mass and cross-faculty researcher utilisation. Much of the University's Collaborative Research Infrastructure is coordinated into platform technology facilities or dedicated support services, representing discrete infrastructure capabilities. The Melbourne Collaborative Research Infrastructure Program (MCRIP) aims to enhance existing platforms and facilitate establishment of new platforms that fit the criteria of Collaborative Research Infrastructure, specifically addressing:
- technical expertise and continuous learning
- researcher access to capabilities, both from academia and industry
- quality assurance
- information management towards evidence-based decision making
- efficiency and avoidance of duplication
- long-term operational sustainability
- precinct partnerships to maximise opportunities.
MCRIP Stage One provided funding for technical staff within platforms, based on merit and assessed via a submitted business plan. The funds allocated to MCRIP Stage One have been fully committed, currently supporting 13 platforms within the University. MCRIP Stage Two funding aims to support both new and existing eligible platforms that fit the list of criteria listed above.
Under MCRIP Stage Two, three categories of funding are available:
- Category 1 - Existing platforms seeking continuation of support; no co-investment required
- Category 2 - Existing platforms requesting additional technical support; co-investment required
- Category 3 - New platform activities seeking support; co-investment required
For the purpose of MCRIP Stage Two application, the term ‘existing platforms’ applies to those platforms funded as part of MCRIP Stage One while ‘new platform activity’ applies to any platform activity, existing or new, that is not currently supported through MCRIP.
Category 1 – Existing platforms
RIC Research Infrastructure will work with Platform Managers and Academic Convenors to plan the application development timeframe, taking into consideration the finalisation of Stage One funding arrangements and continuity of support for the platform. Existing MCRIP-funded platforms that have not recently been in contact with RIC Research Infrastructure regarding a transition plan to MCRIP Stage Two funding should do so as soon as practicable. An application template for Category One funding is available here.
Category 2 – Requests for additional FTE support
The Melbourne Collaborative Research Infrastructure Committee is not currently accepting Category 2 applications.
Category 3 – New platform requests
The Melbourne Collaborative Research Infrastructure Committee is not currently accepting Category 3 applications.
How to apply
Review the Funding Rules and Instructions for Applicants
Please consult with firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible if you are planning on submitting an application.
Complete the relevant application template
Save the completed application
All applications should be saved as a single pdf file and named in the following relevant format: [PLATFORM]-MCRIP Stage Two Category One/Two/Three Application-2019
Submit the application to RIC
All final applications must be submitted to email@example.com. No hard copies required.
- Instructions for Applicants
- Funding Rules
- Category 1 Application Template
- Category 2 Application Template
- Category 3 Application Template
- Category 3 Budget Template
- MCRIP Annual Reporting Template (EQ&Analytics-based)
- MCRIP Annual Reporting Template (People-based)