Notice of Intent (NOI) registration OPEN
- 10am, 13 Jan 2020 (Monday)
Draft Grant Proposal due to RIC for strategic review. Early submission encouraged.
- 5pm, 22 Jan 2020 (Wednesday)
Draft application due to RIC for compliance and eligibility check (including other supporting documents)
- 5pm, 22 Jan 2020 (Wednesday)
Minimum Data due on RGMS
- 10am, 3 Feb 2020 (Monday)
Authority to Submit due to RIC
- 5pm, 3 Feb 2020 (Monday)
Final application submitted to RIC
- 5pm, 5 Feb 2020 (Wednesday)
Final application submitted to NHMRC
The objective of the Primary Health Care Research Grant Opportunity is to increase Australia’s evidence base in primary health care research for the following priority primary health care research topics:
− the provision of primary health care services in residential aged care and to older Australians in the community
− lessons from comprehensive primary health care service for Indigenous Australians for the broader primary health care system
− mental health service provision by general practice
− application of precision medicine and genomics in primary health care
− rural and regional access to services
− workforce issues, including scope of practice
− voluntary patient enrolment and blended payments.
Grant proposals under this grant opportunity must focus on research translation outcomes that improve health policy, raise the standard of clinical care and practice, and/or result in a health system improvement.
The Australian Government has announced a total of $45 million for the Primary Health Care Research Initiative. For this Grant Opportunity, up to $5 million of funding is available in 2019-20.
There is no maximum grant amount but grants cannot exceed the amount of available funds for each year. The maximum grant period is five years.
- A person must not be named as a Chief Investigator (CI) on more than one application submitted to this grant opportunity.
- You are not eligible if your research proposal was submitted to the MRFF International Clinical Trial Collaboration (ICTC) Program and it is currently being assessed, or is included in the ICTC Merit List. Chief Investigators on an application submitted to the ICTC Program that is currently being assessed or is included in the ICTC Merit List are eligible to submit a different research proposal to this grant opportunity.
- The proposed research should not duplicate research previously or currently being undertaken. The NHMRC may compare the research proposed in grant applications with grants previously or currently funded by the MRFF, NHMRC or other agencies (e.g. Australian Research Council) and published research (see also section 4.7 – Other ineligible expenditure)
How to apply
- Notice of Intent: Please register your Notice of Intent if you are considering applying for the MRFF RCRDUN. RIC-MRFF team will then contact each applicant with further information.
- Update RGMS Profile: Each CI must obtain access to RGMS and update profile information (see RGMS information)
- Review documentation: Review the grant guidelines and category descriptors available below and Grant Connect.
- Create and Complete the application: Log in to RGMS select "MRFF - Research Grant" from Initiatives and then select the relevant scheme from Round and complete the application.
- Submit “Review Ready” application to RIC: Submit application to RIC within the RIC internal submission period for review.
- Complete application: After taking feedback from the RIC team into consideration, complete the application in RGMS. It is suggested advice is sought from colleagues, Faculty Mentors, etc. before finalising the application.
- Submit the UoM Authority to Submit Form:
This form must be submitted to RIC electronically by the final internal closing date. This form should include:
- Complete the compliance and eligibility section
- Signature of all CIs and AIs
- Signature of the Head of Department for CIA
Electronic signatures and email consent are permitted.
This is an NHMRC requirement and the application cannot be submitted to NHMRC until received.
- On the final internal closing date, the applicant must:
- Submit finalised application by clicking ‘Submit to RAO’ in RGMS
- Email RIC firstname.lastname@example.org as well as a scanned, signed Authority to Submit form.
- Should you require further information please contact Alvin Wong on 83449352 or via email