Notice of Intent (NOI) registration OPEN
- Monday, 17 February 2020
1st Draft of Project Plan, budget and required attachments to MRFF team for review. Early submission encouraged.
- Thursday, 5 March 2020
Final Draft and all atatchments to MRFF team for review, including draft of CEO letter detailed UoM letter of support and completed Authority to Participate form (for UoM lead application)(this will enable MRFF team to obtain signature of DVCR on the UoM letter of support)
- Thursday, 12 March 2020
Provide partners draft proposal (including project plan, budget, IP arrangements), draft partner letter of support to request sign off by the partner organisation and completed Authority to Participate form (for UoM as partner)
- Thursday, 19 March 2020
Finalise application pack for compliance review by RIC including partner letters of support
- Monday, 23 March 2020
Complete entry of online application details and assessment criteria for compliance check
- Thursday, 26 Mar 2020
Submit application to sponsor before 5pm
Up to $1 million in funding will be made available to 10 multi-disciplinary teams including research and industry partners to work on novel and transformative ideas that will produce practical benefits to Australians and also globally.
The objectives of this Frontier Health and Medical Research Grant Opportunity (Stage One) are to:
- promote multi-disciplinary partnerships and approaches that enable transformative research and innovation
- accelerate new technological advances in health care
- facilitate new health care methods, systems and approaches across the full spectrum of the care continuum (prevention to clinical management)
- stimulate the creation of new research and industries
- enable projects that have the potential to transform health care in Australia and globally.
The teams will have 12 months to develop a detailed research plan to outline the activities, methods and partnerships required to transform the idea from concept to implementation in the health system.
For this grant opportunity, $10 million is available in the 2019-20 financial year.
The grant amount will be up to 100 per cent of eligible project costs (grant percentage)
- The minimum grant amount is $250,000
- The maximum grant amount is $1 million.
You must complete your project within 12 months from the date of execution of your grant agreement.
Applications must provide evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
How to apply
- Notice of Intent: Please register your Notice of Intent if you are considering applying for the MRFF Frontier Health and Medical Research (Stage One). RIC-MRFF team will then contact each applicant with further information.
- Review documentation: Review the Frontier Health and Medical Research (Stage One) grant guidelines available below and the Frontier opportunity page.
- Create online application: via business.gov.au
- Submit first draft application to RIC: Provide draft of proposal, letter of support and all required attachements (as per section 6.1 of the Grant Guidelines) to RIC within the RIC internal submission period for review.
- Submit Authority to Participate form which includes:
* names of all key UoM investigators and roles
* name of lead organization and partners
HoD signature or approval required for all involved departments with participating investigators.
Signed ATP to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete application: After taking feedback from the RIC team into consideration, complete the application on the portal. It is suggested advice is sought from colleagues, Faculty Mentors, etc. before finalising the application.
- Finalise details in application for compliance review by RIC: email login details to RIC at email@example.com to obtain an online application form and document upload check for compliance.
- Final submission: Submit the application on the online portal.
- Sent a copy of your final application to RIC at firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary and Tips - NEW