Notice of Intent (NOI) registration OPEN
1st Draft of Project Plan, budget and required attachments to MRFF team for review. Early submission encouraged.
Send out partner draft letters of support (along with draft proposal and budget)
Final Draft and all attachments to MRFF team for review
Submit completed Authority to Participate form (for UoM lead application)(this will enable MRFF team to obtain signature of DVCR on the UoM letter of support)
UoM as partner: Provide partners draft proposal (including project plan, budget, IP arrangements), draft partner letter of support and completed Authority to Participate form
Complete entry of online application details and assessment criteria for compliance check.
- Tuesday, 20 October 2020
Submit application to sponsor by 5pm.
The objective of this Brain Cancer Survivorship Grant Opportunity are to:
- support the development of new approaches and the use of technologies to improve communications between brain cancer survivors, their families, carers and health care professionals; and understand how information technologies and platforms can be used to support people with brain cancer, their families and carers, and their impact on the physical, psychosocial and economic sequelae of a brain cancer diagnosis.
- Survivorship research must be focused on children, adolescents and young adults, or adults with malignant brain cancer, their families or carers.
Areas of focus may include:
- research into new educational and communication methods and approaches, including special approaches and considerations for underserved and at-risk populations
- research on new methods and strategies to disseminate cancer information/innovation to healthcare providers (e.g., web-based information, telemedicine, smartphone apps etc.) and the effectiveness of these approaches
- research on new communication processes and/or media and information technologies within the health care system and the effectiveness of these approaches.
For this grant opportunity, $3 million is available over three years. There is no maximum grant amount but grants cannot exceed the amount of available funds.
The grant amount will be up to 100 per cent of eligible project costs (grant percentage)
Aany Chief and/or Lead Investigators named on your application under this grant opportunity are not named as Chief and/or Lead Investigators on any other application under this grant opportunity; and
Applications must provide evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
How to apply
- Notice of Intent: Please register your Notice of Intent if you are considering applying for the MRFF Brain Cancer Survivorship grant opportunity. RIC-MRFF team will then contact each applicant with further information.
- Review documentation: Review the Brain Cancer Survivorship grant guidelines available below and Grant Connect.
- Create online application: via business.gov.au
- Submit first draft application to RIC: Provide draft of proposal, letter of support and all required attachements (as per section 6.1 of the Grant Guidelines) to RIC within the RIC internal submission period for review.
- Submit Authority to Participate form which includes:
* names of all key UoM investigators and roles
* name of lead organisation and partners
HoD signature or approval required for all involved departments with participating investigators.
Signed ATP to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete application: After taking feedback from the RIC team into consideration, complete the application on the portal. It is suggested advice is sought from colleagues, Faculty Mentors, etc. before finalising the application.
- Finalise details in application for compliance review by RIC: email login details to RIC at email@example.com to obtain an online application form and document upload check for compliance.
- Final submission: Submit the application on the online portal.
- Sent a copy of your final application to RIC at firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary and Tips - TBA