- Friday 17 January 2020
Applications due to RIC Research Infrastructure
- Monday 3 February 2020
About the Program
The ANFF-VIC Technology Fellow Ambassador was created for the purposes of: (i) catalysing high-impact research within the node by providing promising researchers with substantial allocations of instrument access and supporting infrastructure, (ii) cultivating a diverse embedded user group to help grow the local micro/nanofabrication community and foster fruitful cross-institutional collaborations and (iii) driving new process development activities for the benefit of all users by providing Fellows with access to in-kind development accounts.
In addition to being a champion for the Australian National Fabrication Facility’s Victorian node (ANFF-VIC) at their home institutions, Fellows are expected to take an active role in helping to shape the broader scientific direction of the node via participation in working groups and committees lead by the Scientific Director.
Successful applicants will be provided with the following resources over a 12-month period (beginning at the point of confirmation) with potential to renew for an additional 12 months, subject to a positive review by their host institution’s representative on the A&P committee and the Scientific Director:
- Unrestricted access to Melbourne Centre for Nanofabrication (MCN) laboratories, cleanroom facilities
- $60,000 in paid access to MCN equipment
- Uncapped access to all minor (non-booked) MCN equipment
- Hot-desk space at MCN for up to two team members/collaborators and shared access to bench space in the general biochemical laboratories (note: exact allocation of desk and laboratory bench space will be subject to availability)
- Use of all on-site meeting and support facilities
- Recognition as an ANFF-VIC Technology Fellow on relevant websites and marketing collateral
Appointees must be full-time academic staff at level B (or equivalent) or above (please note that post-doctoral research fellows1 are not eligible for this scheme). An expectation at the time of appointment is that the nominee would be leading a research group or team.
1Post-doctoral research fellow refers to research group member as opposed to an independent researcher leading a research group or team.
One ANFF-VIC Technology Fellow Ambassador position will be awarded per year.
For enquiries regarding this scheme, please contact RIC Research Infrastructure.
How to apply
Complete the application form
Save the completed application form
All applications should be saved as a single PDF file and named in the following format:
Submit the application form to RIC
All final applications must be submitted to RIC Research Infrastructure by 5pm on Friday 17 January 2020.