Transitions18 Australasia Research Symposium
Forum Theatre, Level 1 Arts West Building Professors Walk, The University of Melbourne Parkville VIC 3010 AustraliaMap
Transitions is a trans disciplinary, research symposium focusing on innovative learning environments in schools and higher education. Transitions 2017 opened the door to an international conversation about realizing the potential of innovative learning spaces, Transitions18 is continuing the conversation. Background on this event is here.
Transitions18 in Melbourne is a 1 day event. It willshowcase research being done at this moment by selected PhD students, Masters and early career researchers across our region. The program will be opened by keynote speaker, Dr Julia Atkin and continue with 12 presentations, panel discussions and dynamic discussion.
Transitions18 will explore:
What are teachers doing (well) when transitioning from traditional classrooms to innovative learning environments?
- What strategies are teachers using that are working in ILEs?
- How do teachers adjust to changes in learning spaces?
- How might we enable people, practice, and place when transitioning from traditional classrooms to innovative learning environments?
- What examples are there of effective learning environments in schools?
- What are the challenges for teachers/students in adapting to new spaces?
Be part of a growing international network of educators, architects, researchers and peak groups, researching and working to build understanding of how learning spaces influence teaching and learning in schools, hospitals, universities and libraries.
The Innovative Learning Environments and Teacher Change (ILETC) is LEaRN's active Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage Project funded from 2016-2019 and lead by The University of Melbourne.
Image credit: Bellevue Public High School, Group GSA Architects. Photo courtesy of NSW Department of Education.