Talking Spaces 8: Geographies, Societies, Practices
This event has sold out and we have closed our waiting list due to high demand.
Talking Spaces 8 will explore Innovative Learning Environments (ILEs) through multiple perspectives: Geographies, Societies and Practices. Across two days, participants will engage in talks, panels, and workshops, as-well-as an immersive ‘day in the life of an ILE’ experience. Collectively this will provide insight into ‘global perspectives on learning environments’.
The event will be held over two days in different venues:
- Thursday February 22 at Woodward Conference Centre, Level 10, Melbourne Law School, 185 Pelham Street, Carlton. Registration will open at 8:20am for an 8:50am start. The formal proceedings of the day conclude at 5:45pm with the option of participating in a site visit and social dinner.
- Friday February 23 at Albert Park College Environmental Arts Hub, 40 Bay Street, Port Melbourne. Arrive at 8:30am for a 9:00am start. The day will conclude at 4:40pm.
Alongside a wonderful line-up of keynotes, guest panelists and facilitators, we are delighted to have The University of Melbourne Vice-Chancellor Professor Glyn Davis open the event.
Guest Panelists & Facilitators:
- John Augeri, Co-founder & Deputy Director, Paris Île-de-France Digital University
- Sarah Ball, Principal, Global Education Sector, Woods Bagot
- John Dainutis, Area Executive Director, Department of Education and Training (Victoria)
- Jayne Harrison, Managing Director, JDH Architects
- Jayne Heath, Principal, Australian School of Science and Mathematics (ASMS)
- Christopher Keating, CEO, Victorian School Building Authority
- Christopher Kommatas, Accelerator Program Director, Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Carey Lyon, Director, Lyons Architecture
- Peter Malatt, Director, Six Degrees Architects
- John Pobjoy, Assistant Principal, Albert Park College
- James Wilson, Director, Lyons Architecture
Talking Spaces 8 is brought to you by the Learning Environments Applied Research Network (LEaRN) and the Innovative Learning Environments & Teacher Change ARC Linkage Project (ILETC) at the University of Melbourne.
Talking Spaces 8 is proudly sponsored by:
A special thank you to Albert Park College for helping facilitate this event.
Image: Albert Park College Environmental Arts Hub, Six Degrees Architects. Photo by Simon James.