Talking Spaces 10: User Experience of learning spaces
Level 1, Melbourne Graduate School of Education Kwong Lee Dow Building (BN263) University of Melbourne Parkville VIC 3010 AustraliaMap
Our annual conference: Talking Spaces
For ten years, the University of Melbourne’s Talking Spaces events have played a pivotal role in bringing together those passionate about creating better learning environments for both educators and learners.
This year, we are glad to announce that participation in Talking Spaces event will contribute to the continuing professional development (CPD) points annual requirement for registered architects.
Talking Spaces 10
Do our schools and universities support wellbeing, community and inclusion?
Join us on October 26-27 2020 for an exploration of user experience (UX) at The University of Melbourne’s 10th Talking Spaces. Professional development across the two-day program will include interactive presentations, panel discussions, site visits and experiential workshops.
As with previous years, the event will be characterised by a range of discipline perspectives, stimulating conversation, inspiring site visits and great food.
Why is Talking Spaces unlike any other conference on learning spaces?
Take part in discussions with recognised design, education and infrastructure experts. Talking Spaces gives you the opportunity to take away new methods for viewing and reviewing learning spaces, informed by the latest interdisciplinary research evidence.
Who will be presenting?
As in past years, architects and award-winning educators will take part in the conversation. This year we will also hear from experts on user experience, inclusion and movement and, most importantly, we will have the opportunity to hear from students about their experiences of learning environments. See our list of speakers.
Early bird rates (available until 31 August 2020)
- Individual registration $600/ticket
- Group bookings of 3 or more tickets $540/ticket
- Student tickets $390*/ticket
Normal rates (from after 31 August 2020)
- Individual registration $680/ticket
- Group bookings of 3 or more tickets $600/ticket
- Student tickets $440*/ticket
Ticket prices inclusive of GST and booking fees.
* Requires proof of full-time student status on Day 1 arrival.
Site visits to choose from
- Cluster 1 – Carlton Primary School and Bargoonga Nganjin North Fitzroy Library
- Cluster 2 – Nicholas Centre, MLC and The Quad, State Library Victoria
- Cluster 3 – South Melbourne Park Primary School and ARUP Melbourne
Continuing Professional Development
- 12 hours of Professional Learning
- Certificate of Attendance provided upon request (please select at registration)
- For teachers, contributes to the Domains of Professional Practice – create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments and Professional Engagement - value opportunities to engage with their school communities within and beyond the classroom to enrich the educational context for students.
- For architects, relates to the National Competency Standards for Architecture – Design and the Knowledge Domains of Social and Ethical, Disciplinary, and Communication.