Applications now open for Lab Visitors 2020!
Applications close 5pm AEST on Monday 30 September 2019.
Connected Cities Lab is committed to encouraging the exchange and mobility of ideas. We welcome applications from external academics, practitioners and early career researchers whose interests intersect directly with the Lab's research activities to engage as a Lab Visitor and benefit in furthering research, collaboration and professional development.
We offer two types of Lab Visitor opportunities:
Practitioner in Residence Fellowship
- Three fellowships awarded per cohort/year
- In residence for up to three months within the November 19-June 20 period
- One to three months visiting the Lab to explore collaboratively a major shift in urban governance/city leadership
- Lab support for flights and stipend up to $5000 (international) and $3000 (domestic)
- Lab support for organising an engagement event/workshop connected to a major international urban conference or program
PhD Impact Fellowship
- Three fellowships awarded per cohort (two international and one domestic awarded via AECURN)
- In residence for up to six months within the January-June 2020 period
- Support from the Lab to secure a successive ‘impact’/’fieldwork’ placement with a Lab partner organisation for up to three months for those PhD fellows currently engaged in fieldwork activities, or to organise a thesis dissemination activity for those already completing their doctoral fieldwork and in writing up stages.
- Possibility of teaching engagement with Melbourne School of Design courses and studios, depending on visa conditions
- Taking part in the Lab’s masterclass “working internationally” (February 2020, four-day intensive)
- Taking part in regular Connected Cities Lab activities and events
- Lab support for flights and visiting grant for up to AU$ 3,000 (international) and AU$ 1,500 (domestic)
- Lab support for the organisation of a collaborative one-day workshop on the PhD fellow’s research theme, including preparation, catering, visiting speakers (up to AU$ 1,500), media and outcomes report
How to Apply
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of Intent, and
- Sample publication or professional output
to us at Connected Cities Lab by 5pm AEST on Monday 30 September 2019.
If you have any queries about the process, the Visitors opportunities or the Lab please get in touch.